Friday, August 18, 2006

The Pittsburgh Rail Fan Net for August 17 2006

Another good session on the rail fan net this Thursday evening. The net concluded about 10:00 PM and then promptly restarted when a few of the participants got together and started chatting. It is 10:30 as I am writing this and the discussion is still going on. I think Dennis blew the whistle just a little early this week! I got side tracked (pun intended) and am finishing this blog entry Friday afternoon. The conversation last night after the net concluded was even more interesting than the net itself. Sometimes things work that way.

And speaking of working that way, boy did I screw up! I just noticed that last week I posted the answers to the trivia questions from the previous week but neglected to post the new question from last week. Some peoples kids!


Since I didn't give you last weeks question I won't give you the answer now. Instead we will have three trivia questions on this weeks entry two from last night and one from the previous week. So here they are.


1 What is a “hoesttler” on the railroad?

2 What does it mean when the train crew is going “out law”?

3 What is a “green eye”?


Check back next week for the answers to these questions and a little “trivia” on the trivia questions.

Join us next week for the Pittsburgh Rail Fan Net on the 146.880 repeater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home