Wednesday, July 19, 2006

You never know what you will see on the way to work

While I haven't been able to work so far this year because of health problems I am back to driving and have been acting as chauffeur for my lovely wife Linda each day. She works in one of the buildings behind St. Margret's Hospital so twice a day I travel old Rt. 28 with a view of the Conemaugh line for a good deal of my trip. It is rare that I don't see at least one Norfolk Southern freight on the line, usually going east, during the daily commute. Once in a while I notice a pick up truck with “outrigger” wheels designed to run on the tracks or other service vehicles.

I have been carrying a small “point and shoot” digital camera in the car with me for a while now so when I saw a number of odd looking machines traveling up the line the other day I was somewhat repaired and caught the following images.

Please note that being a neophyte rail fan I have NO clue as to what each of these do!






I will try to captuer some additional images in the future as there seems to be an ongoing project on this line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home