Saturday, August 06, 2005

I used to think that the television set was a real time eater. Let me tell you that television is a piker compared to the Internet. A friend sent me an email with a quick request and I answered. Then however a link in the email took me to a web page and I started surfing. Each page I would arrive at would have another link of interest and I would find myself off exploring something else.

The subject today happened to be trains but I find it happens with just about any topic I start looking at on the World Wide Web. One page caught my attention because it was authored by another ham radio operator David Marshall N8OAY. There is some really good information on Dave's page including a database of places to take photos of trains. Check it out for yourself. N8AOY's Rail Fan Help Desk