Saturday, October 15, 2005

Riding the Allegheny Valley Railroad


I started a discussion group on Yahoo for the Pittsburgh Rail Fan net and while it has not attracted a large following we do get some interesting members on the list. A recent member joined who works for the Allegheny Valley Railroad and evidently loves his work. He has a web site where there is some really great photography of the AVR. So wander on over to George's web site and check it out. I don't think you will be disappointed. The photo in this blog entry is from his web site.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I finaly found a group that is of my interest.This may be weird but I am down in Texas.I grew up in Bethel Park and recently visited my family.I am a Amateur radio operator (kd5dga) and a rail fan.The AVR really cought my interest.I did see a small AVR rail movement 19th Oct.off of McConnelsmill Rd in South Park just passed the Bruceton exchange.
I love their Paint scheme on the Locomotives.I am interested.
Thanks,
Glenn Blum
kd5dga

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home