Friday, June 17, 2005

Photographing Trains

For those of you that like to photograph track service equipment you might want to check out the Norfolk Southern line that runs along the Rt. 28 corridor. There have been several specialized cars servicing track between O'Hara Township and the Hulton Bridge this week and every time I see them I kick myself for not having my camera. They were there again this afternoon as I returned home from work. I'm not sure if they will be working in the area over the weekend or not. They must have wrapped up for the day because I am again hearing freights trains across the river on the line this evening.

There is also work going on along Rt. 8 as the tracks are repaired from the flood damage and being readied for a return to service now under the ownership of the Allegheny Valley Railroad. I hope to get to spend some time photographing trains this summer and if that is something that would appeal to you let me know and maybe we can get a group together.